swissQuant Group provides quantitative services, consultancy and products for financial and industrial clients, including a number of global Fortune 500 companies. Our business edge originates from the effective translation of Intelligent Technology into measurable, bottom-line client value. swissQuant Group is a privately held company incorporated in 2005 as a spin-off of ETH Zürich.
You will be working with our scrum teams and our project managers, responsible for the development and delivery of tools, software and services for our clients in the financial and industrial sectors. You will transition product increments from project view to product view for some of our industry leading software components for portfolio construction and optimization, pricing and risk models, risk management, private client advisory, optimization frameworks, algorithms and computational methods.
You have a technical background and have experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager. You work independently and care about the communication to the stakeholders, one side being the team and their demand for clear and well defined specifications, the other side being project managers who represent our internal and external customers. You will be expected to devote time to independent, directed learning and to gain expertise in finance and technology.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for aligning customer requirements that can be handed over to the scrum team via their product owner for development, as well as for accepting and verifying the delivery after technical implementation. You will be also engaged in the management activities with the customers as well as in the delivery of multiple projects. Your technical expertise will help you understand the problems the team face and facilitate the transition of a business idea to technical requirements.
To be a successful candidate, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum 3-year experience as Business Analyst or Project Manager in the banking sector
- Solid understanding of financial instruments and their characteristics
- Effective project management, test and time management skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, functional features of Cucumber, Jenkins, git, maven, gradle
- Experience with Java programming, ideally in a quant or finance related field is a plus
- Knowledge of Matlab or Python is a plus
- Knowledge of any core banking system is a plus (Avaloq, Finnova, etc.)
- Language skills: English (fluent) and preferably German (working proficiency)
- Eligible to live and work in Switzerland