Fotokite develops autonomous, high-endurance tethered aerial systems for public safety. Fotokite systems are used by firefighters to gain fuller situational awareness arriving at a scene, by rescue teams to coordinate a response to a large-scale disaster, and as a key enabling system in many other scenarios.
We are seeking a motivated C++ Software Engineer to join our growing R&D team in Zurich, Switzerland. While C++ is the primary language for this position, it is merely one of many approaches you will be exposed to as part of the team: we use a variety of languages, platforms and approaches to build reliable but flexible solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate is a master of C++ and also brings curiosity and broad interests in a variety of other languages and approaches.
Some project examples include: working on data analytics code providing more actionable data to first responders; working with the controls group to improve the flight controller code that keeps the system safely in the air; developing simulation and testing tools that support robust, safe operation, even (and especially) when things don’t go according to plan.
– Contribute to a variety of software engineering-related tasks including feature planning and architecture, design and development, validation and roll-out of new features and software
– Work closely with other engineers at Fotokite to build polished solutions for fire, rescue and public safety applications
– Help maintain and revise software engineering best practices including day to day project management, code reviews, subsystem test/validation and continuous integration
– Help identify, sketch out and model proofs of concepts for experimental approaches and features
– 3 years experience working on team-based software engineering projects, ideally in a cross-disciplinary product-oriented setting
– Ability to plan and maintain a strategic vision while listening to team and customer feedback and adjusting accordingly
– Excellent analytic and communication skills
– Understanding of software engineering management concepts and workflows
– Command of a broad spectrum of platforms, technologies, languages and platforms, ideally including Qt, OpenGL, Yocto, FFMpeg, SQL, TCP/IP, cmake, OpenCV, general OS embedded, and real-time computing concepts and user interaction
– Ideally, command of other tools such as Python, js, Android/iOS app development, embedded C programming
– Insatiable curiosity and drive to learn and build with others while delivering a polished product