Permanent Full-time Position
Due to our growth we are expanding our software development team and are creating a new developer hub in Bucharest. Our development team is fully remote and we have another concentration of developers in Prague. You will have the opportunity to join the “start-up” developer hub in Bucharest, from the ground up. We have an exceedingly high-level of trust and autonomy in our organisation:
● You will be free to set your own hours and holidays
● You can work from home and/or our new office in Bucharest, as you see fit.
● You will not answer to any line manager but will work with colleagues as part of a team to get the job done.
● You will be free to choose your own laptop, monitor and other devices as you see fit.
● You will be free to choose whatever training you might need.
● We offer a generous salary, pension and participation in profit share.
What is the role?
We are looking for engineers to join our design and development team. The team is multidisciplinary and works across different elements of our assessment product platform. They work closely with our customers to identify new problems to solve, create new products, and to improve and support the usability of our existing products
Your day to day activities could include all aspects of product engineering; Feature scoping and development, Bug Fixing, UX/I investigation and improvement, Testing, QA and release management. We work across lots of different technologies, Angular, Python, Couch etc.
Who are we looking for?
● You will have a good speaking and written knowledge of English.
● Our engineering team come from a variety of backgrounds from self taught coders, to scientists with masters degrees. We recruit based on attitude not experience so while we don’t have a list of qualifications that you need, there are some essential behaviour traits that we look for.
● You will be a ‘doer’ – we like people that are willing to get their hands dirty – often things are last minute and urgent. Sometimes product teams are busy and need an extra pair of hands to push things over the line.
● You will have an ability to be flexible and work on whatever area needs focus,.
● You will be a self starter and like to challenge yourself. You will be someone who can take initiative and drive things forward without the need for close supervision.
● You will be curious and someone who likes looking for answers and is willing to learn
● You will be someone who is comfortable collaborating in an environment that can have varying degrees of uncertainty
● Most of all you will tend towards humility.
Your Technical Capabilities
● Experience of developing web applications in Django and/or Nodejs.
● Good knowledge of cloud deployment using platforms like Amazon Web Services. Experience with Ansible would be an advantage.
● Good knowledge of developing and deploying microservices using tools like Docker, or serverless platforms like AWS Lambda. Familiarity with Immutable infrastructure and containers would be an advantage.
● Good knowledge of REST API design and use of tools like Swagger/OpenAPI.
● Familiarity with source code revision control systems like Git. Exposure to editors like Vim or Visual Studio Code would be an advantage.
● Familiarity with databases like CouchDB and PostgreSQL.
● Mathematically inclined, and familiar with statistical methods.
● Experience in developing web applications in Angular.
● Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
● Good knowledge of Progressive Web Apps, IndexedDB, Service Workers.
● Familiarity with Design Systems, and building apps from component libraries.
● Exposure to Web Components and compilers like Stencil and Svelte.