Mendeley is disrupting scientific communication, changing the way research is done, and in the process has become one of the brightest start-ups on the European tech scene, with plenty of awards and lots of official recognition. We are a mission led organisation with a strong commitment to providing the best tools to help researchers and scientists do their work. We’ve built a global research collaboration platform and open research database. We develop solutions across platforms with an emphasis on utilising Big Data.
You will be joining the team mainly working on the front-end layer of the website. You should have an eye for design and deeply care about quality CSS.
- Ensure high quality look and feel
- Ensure high front-end performance
What you’ll be doing
- Implement pixel-perfect UI elements
- Work towards a better look and feel of the website as a whole
- Derive a CSS structuring strategy
What you should bring
- More than 2 years commercial front-end web development experience
- Expert knowledge in JQuery / Prototype
- Very good knowledge of Web security
- Very good knowledge of Smarty or similar
- Experience working on multi-developer projects and complex websites
- Working knowledge of PHP
What we offer
- Competitive salary + stock options
- No out-of-hours support expected
- 25 days holidays
- Company benefits such as: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, BUPA (private healthcare), Friday beer o’clocks (snacks and drinks on the house), free breakfast, monthly team nights out, annual events (Christmas party and summer barbecue)
- Working in a great environment in a central London office with roof terrace
If you are interested, send your CV and cover letter to jobs [at] mendeley [dot] com. If you are selected for an interview, we will let you know within two weeks.