Building an online platform for educational games for children
Not just a job, but a job with a purpose! Does the idea of making the world a better place appeal to you? Are you excited about how education can change the world for the better, and are you eager to take part in this mission? Then come work with us!
We at Futurewhiz have a mission to empower children to grow through personalized education. We focus on the growth of children in education with our beloved edutech platforms: Squla, WRTS and Scoyo. Squla is an online educational learning platform that helps kids in primary school to learn in a fun and attractive way. Squla features thousands of interactive games, quizzes and activities linked to both the school curriculum and actualities. At Squla we are working every day to make learning more fun and playful for children.
Since we are continuously developing our product and services, we are looking for a Frontend Developer to join our team. Are you excited about the opportunity to become the very first in-house Frontend Developer in the Squla team? Then keep on reading!
What will you do as a Frontend Developer?
You will get the opportunity to work within an international team of skilled Full Stack Developers. As the first in-house Frontend Developer in the Squla team, you get to use your expertise to make a real impact on the product! Every aspect of the platform is developed by our team, which makes Squla unique.
Our development team consists of 12 developers who work together with Product Owners, Designers, Content Specialists and Business Owners to build and make our product better each day. We implement agile processes, including Scrum, continuous integration and a focus on data driven optimisation.
Your main day-to-day responsibilities will include:
– Building features that contribute to growing the Squla brand, its fun factor and ultimate effectiveness as a learning tool
– Taking part in planning sessions
– Testing your features and being fully responsible for them when they go live
– Troubleshooting live issues
Are you the Frontend Developer we are looking for?
In order to be successful in the role, you have solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and have ambition towards edtech. You enjoy taking ownership and responsibility of independently deploying features that have an immediate impact on the product.
In addition to this, you:
– Have 3+ years of experience as a Frontend Developer
– Working knowledge of Vue frontend framework
– Have a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– Excel in writing clean and maintainable code, following standards and guidelines
– Have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
– A good understanding of common design patterns
– Are experienced in writing automated tests
– Are fluent in English, both written and spoken
Bonus points for:
– Knowledge of React and Backbone frameworks
– Experience with HTML5 games and animations (Spine, Greensock)
– Knowledge of Python and Selenium test framework
What we offer you
The Futurewhiz office is located in a beautifully renovated office on Weesperplein in the heart of Amsterdam. We work hard, play hard and we have a lot of fun and foster an informal yet professional atmosphere. Fresh fruit, warm lunch, monthly drinks and company events are an important part of our culture. We love self-development, and that is why you will be given an annual learning budget. Every employee is also provided a Macbook and Squla account for life!
The Futurewhiz crew is a dynamic team that is enthusiastic about creating a fun, new way of learning in this ever-evolving digital age. We believe that a positive work environment not only encourages great teamwork, but is key to motivating our team to produce high quality products. We provide our team members with the resources they need to make sure they can do their jobs properly and get the results we aim for. Although our team is diverse and everyone brings their own interests and uniqueness to the table, every single person is excited about the great work Futurewhiz is doing.
A Codility test is part of our hiring process.