As Frontend Developer, you and the rest of our international team aim to make the lives of rental companies across the globe as easy as can be. Therefore, you’ll join our young and interdisciplinary team of developers to work agile on various bigger and smaller challenging and rewarding projects.
Our highly competent yet ever improving team of talented software developers are committed to developing excellent software and foster an environment of collaboration and trust. Founded and managed by developers, Rentman puts technology first. We believe in long-term solutions instead of temporary workarounds. Our workflow is developer-first, aiming to get things built as effectively as possible. We work in 4 scrum teams that consist of frontend, backend and full-stack developers. Since the beginning of this year, we’ve got a small but growing team of developers working abroad from Sri Lanka.
What are you going to do?
- Technical and architectural sparring partner for the CTO
- Increase team maturity regarding development practices, technical skills and architectural design
- Work according to the guiding principles: agility, usability, accessibility and architect ability
- Having fun doing all of the above
- Angular as our main frontend framework, using Typescript
- SCSS using BEM methodology
- compilation and bundling done by Webpack
- websockets (NodeJS and SocketIO) to sync data between clients
- we work based on “Continuous integration” so our systems can be seperately run on different versions
Rentman is one of the fastest growing tech-companies of the Netherlands and a leading software provider for the live event industry. From one-man companies to big event producers, event providers in over 70 countries use our software to realize festivals, concerts, corporate events, and more. Rentman brings together planning and communication for these companies to work more organized and accomplish more in less time.
Rentman is Utrecht based and our international team grew quickly to over 50 people from over 15 countries. Some words we love and we strive to identify ourselves with: innovation, collaboration, tech savvy, inclusive, smart, improvement, diversity and commitment. Together we build a platform that our customers love. If you see a match, why not get in touch now?
What you get at Rentman
- A competative salary and performance based 13th month
- A personal budget for training purposes
- Paid travel expenses
- Voluntary pension plan
- A great and flexible work environment, including free lunch, office fun (Xbox and Ping Pong), legendary (karaoke) parties
- Open and light office in the heart of Utrecht, with ergonomic sit stand desks
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an inspiring team member, a self-starter, someone who is eager to learn and share in a multidisciplinary team. You make sure you’re always up to date with the latest technologies. Next to this, you:
- have an academic background in computer science or similar (bachelor/master)
- have at least 5 years of experience working as a senior/lead developer
- have excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
- have experience working in both small and large companies
- are experienced with complex Single Page Applications
- thrive in a changing, collaborative and initiative-taking environment
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, but let us know why you are the best for this role anyway.