Who we are looking for:
Buildit@WiproDigital’s global engineering studios are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and understand why they’re valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you’ll do:
Enable our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team.
Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products. Read; experiment; learn; teach
What you’ll need:
We do not expect any single candidate to possess expertise in all of these areas, but this is what we value. If you do not possess these skills now, this is what you can hope to learn:
- A passion and talent for software development, with an appreciation of all the pieces of the puzzle that make it happen.
- Expertise in at least 2 of the modern languages: Java, Python, GoLang, NodeJS, Groovy, C#, Scala, etc.
- A deep understanding of enabling technologies, principles and practices of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.), including infrastructure and configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, SoA, microservices, including enabling tools and technologies (Spring Cloud, OpenShift, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- Experience with agile methods, along with having found their limitations and ways to overcome them.
What else we value:
- Experience working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across: UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery, Ops.
- Appreciation of what motivates, inspires and stifles software teams.
Experience with data engineering and analytics technologies, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Good understanding of the secure and reliable integration between components in modern applications: backend to web and mobile front-end
- General understanding of technologies used in modern web and mobile applications would be advantageous.
How we’ll support you:
- Mentoring is available from other specialties, not just platform engineering
- You’ll be assigned a Coach to help you achieve your career goals and look after your wellbeing
- Opportunities to work in other tribes, if you want to learn something new
- An annual training budget for conferences and courses
- A positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love tech
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a global technology consultancy and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. As consultants, we are technology agnostic, we advise, we don’t advocate. We don’t have any other agenda except delivering success for our customers. We love demanding challenges, we always get to the root of the problem, whatever it may be. Whether it is programming, delivery of projects, software architecture, CI/CD practices, or UI/UX design it is all related to technology, and more specifically to this ambiguous term “Digital”.
We value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. We also help our clients on their transformation journey and through that process we are helping to transform the company we work for as well. We are helping to create new business model: a new technology consulting business.