We are Kolibri Games – a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so 🙂
Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Data technology in gaming is at the forefront of innovation – we handle billions of data events per month – and you’re here to keep us at that level. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our Data Platform is always on the bleeding edge.
You will work directly with the Data Platform Team and Embedded Data Users to ensure that our data is always available, trustworthy, and useful. You will evangelize performance, efficiency, and reliability- ensuring that data driven decisions contribute significantly towards making Kolibri Games the most player centric game studio in the world.
– Architect and design data pipelines which can handle billions of data events per month;
– Implement different streaming and batch use cases for all of our games;
– Build automated tests, data validations and monitoring solutions to guarantee high data quality and make sure that stakeholders can work with trustworthy data;
– Create a scalable data platform to ensure the handling of greater workloads efficiently;
– Come up with ideas and compare cutting edge technologies to improve how data teams work.
– Knowledge of big data processing (batch and streaming) and proficiency with at least one commonly used computation technology like Spark;
– Comfortability or direct experience with various big data storage technologies like Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, Amazon S3;
– Experience working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and big data platforms like Databricks;
– Knowledge of how to apply and orchestrate ETL processes with orchestration tools like Airflow.
– Experience with working and deploying Machine Learning pipelines (ideally worked with Databricks and MLFlow before)
– Knowledge about BI Tools like Looker and how they work
– Previous experience working with data warehouse workflow tools like dbt
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
– Training Budget – We believe in learning. You’ll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
– Flexible working hours and Home office – We have one team day a week at the office, the other 4 days you choose where you work from
– Health and Fitness – We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you.
– Relocation – Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible.
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
– Food and Drinks – Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
– Parties and Team Events – Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
– Company Holidays – Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
– Friday Celebrations – Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!