Retrain as a Software Developer.
The 12-week Programme to launch your Tech career.
Create products that change lives. Work with technologies at the forefront of innovation. Shape the very future of our planet. And enjoy a great work-life balance.
These are just some of the reasons we love working in the tech sector. And now you can too, even if you’ve never written a line of code.
Thanks to the Techsmiths programme, you can retrain as a Software Developer on our 12-week bootcamp. Once you complete the bootcamp, we’ll guarantee you a 18-month industry placement – and pay you £30,000 per year while you do it.
Who it’s for
Techsmiths is for people from any background who want to make the move into the tech sector. For example, you might be…
– Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
– Just out of university or college, and keen to be part of the vibrant tech industry
– On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
What you get from Techsmiths
– A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. We also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
– A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, we provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
– An 18-month paid industry placement, where you’ll be part of a development team, writing code and building up valuable software engineering skills and experience.
Once you complete your placement, the skills and experience you gain will put you in high demand in the job market. You may have the opportunity to continue your career at the organisation which provided your placement. Alternatively, you’ll be well set to secure one of the myriad tech sector jobs in London and beyond.