Mendeley is looking for a Linux system administrator to join our 3-person systems/ops team. You’ll be responsible for small projects working on our production systems, both colo and AWS, as well as helping maintain our central London office. We’re using modern tools to tackle tough problems, and you’ll be learning the Hadoop ecosystem if you haven’t already come across it.
You should be attentive to detail, have a good feeling for quality, and be the kind of person that calls back the next day.
What you will be doing
- Production maintenance & enhancements
- Packaging and deployment (debs, Puppet)
- Office support – IT, admin, workstation builds
- Managing the sysadmin Jira ticket queue
- Participating in the on-call rota
- Learning things
- Linux admin (pref Debian/Ubuntu)
- Scripting (and preferably some Java programming exposure)
- 1+ year commercial experience, or equivalent
- Familiar with ticketing system
- Configuration management/version control
- PC hardware (desktop/server)
- Can take ownership of projects
What we offer you
- Competitive salary+stock options
- 25 days holidays, cycle to work scheme, BUPA (private healthcare), childcare vouchers
- Employee referral scheme
- You’ll be working in great office in Central London with roof terrace (with barbecue), free breakfast, refreshments and Friday Beer O’clock
- No dress code!
If you are interested, send your CV and cover letter to jobs [at] mendeley [dot] com. If you are selected for an interview, we will let you know within two weeks.
Register below to attend the TechStartupJobs Fair and meet with this recruiter and many more!