Mars Petcare is a growing segment of approximately 50 brands, made up of about 85,000 associates in more than 55 countries who serve the nutrition and health needs of dogs, cats, horses, fish and birds every day. It’s undeniable that Pets truly make the world a better place. This is why the group is inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome.
The 85,000 Petcare Associates spend their days considering the welfare of about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. This involves everything from their nutrition through foods like; PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS® and ROYAL CANIN®, and high-quality medical care provided by; BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, VCA® and AniCura. We are honoured to have the group join us for the London Tech Job Fair. Grab yourself a ticket here!
Read below to find out more about Mars Petcare’s strategy for the digital transformation of the veterinary industry.
5 REASONS MARS PETCARE IS PUTTING DATA TALENT AT THE HEART OF ITS BUSINESS
1. Mars Petcare has a phenomenal data platform, and the huge potential of its data has resulted in a team dedicated to building this asset, expanding capabilities, and driving analytics. The platform currently holds data on almost 100M unique pets and is the only one of its kind. From veterinary appointments to medical records, activity data to DNA profiles, the richness of the information about pets is incredible.
2. Having in-house skills dedicated to ensuring data is secure and advancing data capabilities is a real advantage. Every model, platform or system is designed with bespoke architecture specific to Mars Petcare’s needs, and its team has the skills to support and evolve the data ecosystem and processing technologies.
3. Data is driving the creation of new innovative products that are shaping the future of pet care. The company’s Whistle Fit dog activity trackers provide users with valuable data-driven insights that enable owners to better care for their dogs, and its latest release also offers custom nutrition recommendations. Mars Petcare owned Antech Diagnostics launched a new AI-driven diagnostic tool that can predict whether a cat will develop chronic kidney disease up to two years before traditional clinical diagnosis. This tool is the first of many predictive diagnostics in the pipeline.
4. Having such a rich data set provides a huge opportunity for new research. From understanding pet obesity and advancing pet health, to analysing shopper behaviour and identifying growth opportunities, the insights provided by Mars Petcare’s data platform are transforming the way it does business and improving the lives of pets everywhere.
5. Data and pets – need we say anymore?
Our Associates also think big, working to end pet homelessness and alleviate student debt for veterinarians. The WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute is also driving the innovations we need to improve pet health through nutrition, data and veterinary care.
Looking for a job, your next co-founder or recruiting your tech talent? Techmeetups presents The London Tech Job Fair tailored to these tech needs. Visit Tech Events for more information about the events and how you can get more out of the experience and also get yourself a ticket to an event!
Website: Techmeetups.com visit and treat yourself to a community of tech business events and support!
TechMeetups.com 8 years. 21 cities. 68 job fairs. 1100+ hiring companies. 60,000+ job seekers.